Rip it all Out
March 10th, 2023
58 mins 38 secs
About this Episode
Find out why Alex ripped out everything installed last episode and is starting fresh with new gear, wires, and a new goal.Support Self-Hosted
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023 — October 20-22, 2023, Bellingham Technical College. LFNW2023: ❝Your Fest is Back!❞
- Alex Network Diagram v4 — A updated version of Alex's network diagram.
- Dell Refurbished — promo code: 7050DELL4U 50% off and free shipping!
- Use 1 PiKVM instance to control 4 systems — One PiKVM able to control and view up to 4 systems at once.
- Newish M720q OPNsense firewall in the making — Just the software left. Lenovo Tiny M720q with an i5-8500T and 256gb NVME SSD and Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S dual SFP+ card. Wicked good and fitting bracket made by /u/kz476 Big shoutout to him. Awesome little package
- Authentication bypass Supervisor API — A remotely exploitable vulnerability bypassing authentication for accessing the Supervisor API through Home Assistant has been discovered.
- CVE - CVE-2023-27482 — This impacts all Home Assistant installation types that use the Supervisor 2023.01.1 or older.
- Pockethernet — A smartphone connected Ethernet network analyzer & cable tester that fits into your pocket
- Klein Tools VDV526-200 Cable Tester — Alex's new cable tester.
- Alby — Lightning for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show from the web! First, top off Alby, then head over to the Podcast Index and Boost away! 🥳