Total Network Rebuild
February 24th, 2023
57 mins 9 secs
About this Episode
Alex has been swapping hardware and standing-up services. It's a network rebuild episode and more!Support Self-Hosted
- Images for this episode — Alex's Network Diagram and stuffs!
- SSH 003: Home Network Under $200
- Restricting ASRock Rack BMC to dedicated IPMI_LAN port only — During this process I came across a frustrating "bug" in the Asrock Rack BMC implementation. No matter the settings I gave the BMC it was getting two IP addresses. One on the IPMI_LAN port as expected in my management VLAN, and another on eth0 which is undesirable.
- Scaling the PiKVM - Using the Raspberry Pi PiKVM with Multiple Machines - YouTube — The PiKVM is a fantastic device to remote control your Windows, Mac, or Linux machines. It turns a Raspberry Pi into an IP based KVM switch that lets you remote control any machine from anywhere in the world! You can build your own, or buy a pre-assembled PiKVM like I did. In this video we try to scale the PiKVM to 8 devices, but things don't always go as planned.
- PiKVM - Control up to 4 servers simultaneously — This is every homelabbers dream isn't it? Controlling multiple systems that don't have IPMI natively, remotely. Thanks to PiKVM, now we can.
- USB 3.0 KVM Switch HDMI 4 Computer 1 Monitor — HDMI KVM Switcher USB3.0 Hotkey 4 In 1 Out SPDIF L/R Audio Out ---Control 4 HDMI sources / 4 computers laptops by one set USB keyboard+mouse, Hotkey Keyboard Switch -- 4K 60Hz HDMI USB 3.0 switch in sync, downward compatible --Support IR remote with IR
- Jupiter Jobs on Matrix
- Alby — Lightnin for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web!
- Self-Hosted on Podcastindex.org — Keep your podcast App, and Boost from the web via the Podcast Index, grab Alby top it off, and then head on over to the Index!