We've made some changes since the last episode, and share why we have doubled down on Self-Hosting as much as possible.
Plus, Chris tries out Immich, a high-performance Google Photos alternative.Support Self-Hosted
- Upcoming Jupiter Broadcasting Meetups — We've always got something planned. Check out our meetup page.
- Meetup Space on Matrix — A directory of our various meetup rooms on Matrix.
- A Dad Took Photos of His Naked Toddler for the Doctor. Google Flagged Him as a Criminal. — Google has an automated tool to detect abusive images of children. But the system can get it wrong, and the consequences are serious.
- After self-hosting my email for twenty-three years I have thrown in the towel. The oligopoly has won. — Email is now an oligopoly, a service gatekept by a few big companies which does not follow the principles of net neutrality.
- Carlos Fenollosa on Twitter — Email is now an oligopoly, a service gatekept by a few big companies which does not follow the principles of net neutrality.
- Immich — High performance self-hosted photo and video backup solution.
- Here is another Immich's progress update — I apologize for the late update. August had been a very productive month for the project and the team. I hope you all had a great one as well.
- 2022.9: Home Assistant Birthday Release! — On September 17th, 2013 Paulus Schoutsen made the first commit for Home Assistant
- Android IP Webcam - Home Assistant — The Android IP Webcam integration connects with Android IP Webcam to turn any Android phone or tablet into a network camera with multiple viewing options.
- Fully Kiosk Browser - Home Assistant — Fully Kiosk Browser is a powerful kiosk browser for Android devices. It provides a number of features for monitoring and controlling your Android device. This integration gives you access to control your device and view the status in Home Assistant.
- Tailscale - Home Assistant — This integration DOES NOT make your Home Assistant accessible via Tailscale VPN remotely!
- hassio-addons/addon-tailscale: Tailscale - Home Assistant Community Add-ons — Tailscale is a zero config VPN, which installs on any device in minutes, including your Home Assistant instance.
- Supported SSO identity providers by Tailscale — Tailscale works on top of the SSO/IDP/IAM identity provider you or your company already use.
- Jellyamp — A stylish, cross-platform desktop client for listening to music from a Jellyfin server. Inspired by Plexamp.
- Jellyfin-audio-player — This is a React Native-based audio streaming app for Jellyfin.
- Podverse.fm — The GPL Podcasting 2.0 Client.
- Find ChrisLAS on Fountain.FM — Fountain Streams you sats while you listen and has a great clips ecosystem for discovering new Podcasts.