We Should Know Better
August 26th, 2022
48 mins 51 secs
About this Episode
We learned some really hard lessons this week, and reflect. Then Chris finds the perfect temperature sensor, and Alex finds a beautiful media discovery app.Support Self-Hosted
- Plex was compromised — Change your password now
- Authentication for local network access — When your Plex Media Server is claimed or signed in to a Plex account, then all access to the server will require authentication by default. That means that you either need to be signed in with the server’s admin/owner account or with an account with which the server is shared.
- Overseerr — Overseerr is a request management and media discovery tool
- A Dad Took Photos of His Naked Toddler for the Doctor. Google Flagged Him as a Criminal. - The New York Times
- Fully automated offline gmail backup? Searchable?
- Got Your Back (GYB — Got Your Back (GYB) is a command line tool for backing up your Gmail messages to your local computer. It uses Gmail's API over HTTPS.
- immich — High performance self-hosted photo and video backup solution.
- Aqara Temperature Humidity Sensor — Monitors temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure in real time.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetups — Our west coast meetups are coming up soon!
- Join the West Coast Crew Chat on Matrix — Ask questions and share knowledge. Our west coast meetups are coming up soon.
- New Podcast Apps — Grab a new podcast app, and send a boost into the show.