Get Off My Lawn, The Robot's Got It
April 22nd, 2022
47 mins 14 secs
About this Episode
Alex shares some handy tools, and some old friends join us for a special edition of the show.Support Self-Hosted
- LINUX Unplugged 453: Raleigh Action Show — We just wrapped up our East Coast meetup and have a bunch of great stories to share. Plus some Nix ups and downs, and more.
- OpenMower - The affordable Open Source DIY Smart GPS Robotic Mower - YouTube — The Open Mower project allows you to build your own smart lawn mower robot using the Raspberry Pi and an Arduino. The robot is able to localize itself using very precise RTK GPS. As base for this project, an off-the-shelf robot mower is used. The electric components and the software are published as an open source project.
- OpenMower: Let's upgrade cheap off-the-shelf robotic mowers to modern, smart RTK GPS based lawn mowing robots! — Let's be honest: The current generation of robotic lawn mowers sucks.
- Shameful: Insteon looks dead—just like its users’ smart homes — The app and servers are dead. The CEO scrubbed his LinkedIn page. No one is responding.
- Hey Insteon users! - Home Assistant — If you’re one of the impacted Insteon users, this post is for you.
- PlexTraktSync: A python script that syncs the movies, shows and ratings between trakt and Plex (without needing a PlexPass or Trakt VIP subscription) — This project adds a two-way-sync between trakt.tv and Plex Media Server. It requires a trakt.tv account but no Plex premium and no Trakt VIP subscriptions, unlike the Plex app provided by Trakt.
- Jellyfin-plugin-trakt — Available for install through the plugin catalog, Trakt for Jellyfin allows you to synchronize your watch states with ease.
- Audiobookshelf — Audiobookshelf is a self-hosted audiobook server for managing and playing your audiobooks.
- Sudo Logo | Sudo
- New Podcast Apps that Support Boosts