August 27th, 2021
41 mins 45 secs
About this Episode
We report back on our DeGoogle challenge and read your top Google Alternative apps and services.
Plus, a new way to locally capture network cameras, our reaction to Kobol pulling the plug, and more.Support Self-Hosted
- Kobol Team is pulling the plug ;( — Hi Folks, a bit saddened that after 4 months of radio silence we are coming up with a news that is clearly not the one you were expecting.
- SSH 033: Helios64 Review — Alex puts the fantastic-looking, ARM-powered NAS known as the Helios64 to the test.
- docker-wyze-bridge — Docker container to expose a local RTMP, RTSP, and HLS stream for all your Wyze cameras including v3. No Third-party or special firmware required.
- PiKVM v3 HAT by Maxim Devaev — Kickstarter — Raspberry Pi based open-source KVM over IP. Manage your servers or workstations remotely!
- vaultwarden: Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs — This project was known as Bitwarden_RS and has been renamed to separate itself from the official Bitwarden server in the hopes of avoiding confusion and trademark/branding issues.
- Magic Earth: Free Maps & Navigation App — Turn-by-turn navigation, OpenStreetMap, Crowd-Sourced Traffic, 3D maps, Satellite maps, Offline maps and Transit. Entirely free.
- Apple Maps & Privacy - Apple Support
- EteSync - Secure Data Sync — Secure, end-to-end encrypted, and privacy respecting sync for your contacts, calendars, tasks and notes.
- DAVx⁵ — CalDAV/CardDAV solution for Android
- TOYO TIRES | Ken Block’s Climbkhana — Pikes Peak Featuring the Hoonicorn V2