Apple's Rotten Scanning
August 13th, 2021
53 mins 6 secs
About this Episode
We discuss the ramifications of Apple's local photo scanning announcement on your privacy, why everything seems to be a subscription these days, and a new challenge for the show.Support Self-Hosted
- Child Safety - Apple — CSAM detection will help Apple provide valuable information to law enforcement on collections of CSAM in iCloud Photos.
- 1Password 8 will be subscription only and won’t support local vaults
- Why can we not have an explicit statement about 1Password being a subscription-only service?
- Fourteen years after launching, 1Password takes a $200M Series A
- 1Password for Mac Moving to Electron
- Bitwarden Open Source Password Manager
- vaultwarden — Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs
- Adventurous Way - YouTube
- Who we are — Top Clack
- LINUX Unplugged 418: What's up with WireGuard — Big things are happening in the world of WireGuard, Jim Salter joins to catch us up.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup
- Local Bytes