Knowing which hardware to buy or which apps to run on that shiny new hardware can be hard. Chris and Alex discuss networking gear and where to find some of the best getting started documentation on the net.
Plex have been busy and launched two new apps, we cover that and more in this episode of Self-Hosted.Support Self-Hosted
- Self-Hosted now has a Discord server! — Join us over on Discord!
- Plex Blog - Two New Delicious Apps — A post from Plex about their two shiny new apps.
- Plex Dash — A Medium post from Plex about their new app Plex Dash.
- Plexamp — A Medium post from Plex about their new app Plexamp.
- Healthchecks.io — Simple and Effective Cron Job Monitoring
- Self-Hosted Healthchecks.io Container (from Linuxserver.io) — Receive alerts when your nightly backups, weekly reports, cron jobs and scheduled tasks don't run on time.
- Let's Encrypt Docker Starter Guide from Linuxserver.io — The goal of this guide is to give you ideas on what can be accomplished with the LinuxServer letsencrypt docker image and to get you started.
- Linuxserver.io Docker 101 Docs — A quick intro to the basics of getting started with Docker.
- serverbuilds.net — A site dedicated to helping you find the best deals on used Enterprise gear.
- Alex's cheap x86 pfsense build — A build log for a $150 x86 based pfsense router.
- Unmanaged vs Managed network switches — What's the difference and do you really need a managed switch?
- How to transfer accounts for a SmartHome when you sell up — How do you ensure future owners realize the value of your smart home devices?