March 12th, 2020
43 mins 14 secs
About this Episode
Wendell Wilson is back, and he and Chris are struggling with their automation setups. Also, we chat about ideal home server hardware for a server or a pfSense box.
Plus Wendell's home-rolled presence detection rig, some 3D printing chat, and more.Support Self-Hosted
- sshuttle — Where transparent proxy meets VPN meets ssh
- Fractal Design — Fractal Design is a leading designer and manufacturer of premium PC hardware including cases, cooling, power supplies and accessories.
- Tinkercad — Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It's used by teachers, kids, hobbyists, and designers to imagine, design, and make anything!
- Fusion 360 — Integrated CAD, CAM, and CAE software.
- Pocket Rotary Cellphone — The 3D-printed case contains an ATmega2560V microcontroller and an Adafruit FONA 3G cell module, while a flexible mono eInk display adorns the outside.
- ASRock > DeskMini A300 Series
- LanCache.NET — Download your games once and serve them out to many people at your LAN.
- Level1Techs Forums
- Bluetooth Presence Detection for Home Automation — You might be here because you heard me mention my Bluetooth presence detection setup on the new SelfHosted podcast, or possibly because you want to subject yourself to an internet-of-things setup in your own home while desperately trying to escape the consequential corporate surveillance as a result of that action (soft chuckles for everyone). Let’s talk about what it is, why you might want it, and how you can minimize the downsides.