Wendell Wilson is back, and he and Chris are struggling with their automation setups. Also, we chat about ideal home server hardware for a server or a pfSense box.
Plus Wendell's home-rolled presence detection rig, some 3D printing chat, and more.Support Self-Hosted
- sshuttle — Where transparent proxy meets VPN meets ssh
- Fractal Design — Fractal Design is a leading designer and manufacturer of premium PC hardware including cases, cooling, power supplies and accessories.
- Tinkercad — Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding. It's used by teachers, kids, hobbyists, and designers to imagine, design, and make anything!
- Fusion 360 — Integrated CAD, CAM, and CAE software.
- Pocket Rotary Cellphone — The 3D-printed case contains an ATmega2560V microcontroller and an Adafruit FONA 3G cell module, while a flexible mono eInk display adorns the outside.
- ASRock > DeskMini A300 Series
- LanCache.NET — Download your games once and serve them out to many people at your LAN.
- Level1Techs Forums
- Bluetooth Presence Detection for Home Automation — You might be here because you heard me mention my Bluetooth presence detection setup on the new SelfHosted podcast, or possibly because you want to subject yourself to an internet-of-things setup in your own home while desperately trying to escape the consequential corporate surveillance as a result of that action (soft chuckles for everyone). Let’s talk about what it is, why you might want it, and how you can minimize the downsides.