We dive into Lemmy, a self-hosted Reddit alternative. Plus, a couple of easy-to-deploy tools that make life better.Support Self-Hosted
- Reddark — These subreddits are going dark or read-only on June 12th and after. Some already are. Click here to find out why.
- Lemmy 🐀 — A link aggregator and forum for the fediverse Lemmy is similar to sites like Reddit, Lobste.rs, or Hacker News: you subscribe to forums you're interested in, post links and discussions, then vote, and comment on them. Behind the scenes, it is very different; anyone can easily run a server, and all these servers are federated (think email), and connected to the same universe, called the Fediverse.
- Install with Docker - Lemmy Documentation — Make sure you have both docker and docker-compose
- Install with Ansible - Lemmy Documentation — Follow the instructions on the Lemmy-Ansible repo.
- Mlem — The Lemmy client for iOS.
- Jerboa — An Android client for Lemmy, a federated reddit alternative