Alex is abroad and uses the opportunity to build out not one but two ultimate self-hosted off-site servers. We share the hardware, software, and networking details.
Plus, how Chris built a Nest-type thermostat using parts he already had.Support Self-Hosted
- Tailscale · Best VPN Service for Secure Networks — Create a secure network between your servers, computers, and cloud instances. Even when separated by firewalls or subnets, Tailscale just works.
- headscale — An open source, self-hosted implementation of the Tailscale coordination server.
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface — The Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 PCIe 3.0 X4 Expansion Card — Supports 4 NVMe M.2 (2242/2260/2280/22110) Upto 128 Gbps
- TRÅDFRI Shortcut button — Shortcut button, white
- restic · Backups done right! — Restic is a modern backup program that can back up your files
- autorestic: High level CLI utility for restic — Autorestic is a wrapper around the amazing restic. While being amazing the restic cli can be a bit overwhelming and difficult to manage if you have many different locations that you want to backup to multiple locations. This utility is aimed at making this easier 🙂.
- Backing up your data with Restic (+ Autorestic) and Minio
- Generic Thermostat - Home Assistant — The generic_thermostat climate platform is a thermostat implemented in Home Assistant. It uses a sensor and a switch connected to a heater or air conditioning under the hood. When in heater mode, if the measured temperature is cooler than the target temperature, the heater will be turned on and turned off when the required temperature is reached.
- ASRock Rack > E3C246D4U