With rage in our hearts, we proclaim a Self-Hosted Google Photos replacement, and the only way to self-host your email.
Plus our tips to manage and stream audiobooks.Support Self-Hosted
- OpenAudible - Audio Book Manager — OpenAudible is a cross-platform audiobook manager designed for Audible users. Download, view, convert to MP3 or M4A, and manage all your audio books with our easy-to-use desktop application.
- Booksonic — The selfhosted audiobook server
- Prologue on the App Store — Prologue is the best (and possibly only) audiobook app for Plex.
- BookPlayer on the App Store — A wonderful player for your M4B/M4A/MP3 based audiobooks.
- Cozy—Linux Apps on Flathub — Cozy is a modern audio book player for Linux.
- MQTT - Home Assistant — MQTT (aka MQ Telemetry Transport) is a machine-to-machine or “Internet of Things” connectivity protocol on top of TCP/IP. It allows extremely lightweight publish/subscribe messaging transport.
- AdGuard Home — Network-wide software for blocking ads & tracking
- Using Pihole with pfsense or opnsense — Pihole is a network wide ad blocker. Using DHCP we can tell every device on your network to automatically and transparently use Pihole for DNS.
- PhotoPrism — PhotoPrism® is a server-based application for browsing, organizing and sharing your personal photo collection. It makes use of the latest technologies to automatically tag and find pictures without getting in your way. Say goodbye to solutions that force you to upload your visual memories to the cloud.
- PhotoPrism: Try our demo
- Google Photos will end its free unlimited storage on June 1st, 2021 - The Verge — After 15 gigs, you’ll need to pony up for Google One